Becoming an Effective Online Teacher
Through this asynchronous, self-paced professional development course, teachers will discover the basic skills and strategies needed to start a successful virtual class. It is especially recommended for teachers new to virtual teaching, and for those teaching for a while as a refresher of best practices.
- Organize your work space and your classroom.
- Explore best practices for working virtually with your students.
- Create student-centered content to enhance your teaching and your students' learning.
- Learn best practices for grading assessments and giving feedback.
- Create a portfolio of your work that will help you as you teach online.
*This project is supported by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Program to serve all Wisconsin public, tribal, charter, and private schools serving students in grades 4K-12 and Institutes of Higher Education and licensing centers for pre-service educators.